RN On Call
Company: Elevation Hospice, Primary and Palliative Care of
Posted on: June 22, 2022
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Registered Nurse On Call
REPORTS TO: Director of On Call
TRAVEL EXPECTATION: N/A
LOCATION: Local Branch
JOB SUMMARY:The on call registered nurse plans, organizes and
directs hospice care and is experienced innursing, with the
emphasis of serving patients while on call. The professional nurse
buildsfrom the resources of the community to plan and direct
services to meet the needs ofindividuals and families within their
homes and communities.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and practice the Sage Hospice philosophy and mission
of: To provide theabsolute most compassionate, comprehensive and
qualified care to people withlife -limiting illness in order to
serve them through their individual journey withdignity, respect
and integrity.Patient Care
- Follows the initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive
assessment ofpatient and family established by the Registered Nurse
Case Manager todetermine hospice needs. Provides a physical
assessment and history of currentand previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
- Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:o Following plan of
care and notifying Interdisciplinary Group (IDG) ofneeded updates
as a result of after hour on- call interventions.o Evaluates
patient and family/caregiver needs when called afterhours.
- Uses health assessment data to determine needs on- call.
- Initiates appropriate preventative nursing procedures and on-
callmedications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in
the physician's planof care.
- Counsels and provides education to the patient and family/
caregiver duringperiods of crisis in order to facilitate decision
making and allow the patient toremain in the care setting of their
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
perassessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with activities of daily living and
facilitates the patient'sefforts toward self-sufficiency and
optional comfort care.Communication
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notesregarding patient's condition and care provided. Records pain,
symptommanagement changes, interventions and outcomes as
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reportschanges in the patient condition; obtains, receives and
documents physician'sorders as required.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques
and other taskas they relate to the patient's plan of care.
- Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by
- Recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling
with patients andfamilies/caregivers.
- Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group (IDG).
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient, family/caregiver and other team members in
providingcontinuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice IDG
to meet theemotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary
items andservices are available during on-call visits.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development
maintains andupgrades professional knowledge and practice skills
through attendance andparticipation in continuing education and
- Fulfills the obligation of requested phone triage RN.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- One (1) to two (2) years of recent acute care experience in an
- One (1) to (2) years of recent experience in home care.
- Current licensure in the state of residence and a valid
- Ability to market and deal tactfully with customers and the
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing.
- Ability to lift, position or transfer patients.
- Ability to lift supplies and equipment.
- Ability to stoop, bend, kneel or crouch.
- Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrate ongoing insurance in accordance with the state
Keywords: Elevation Hospice, Primary and Palliative Care of , Bountiful , RN On Call, Healthcare , Bountiful, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!