Banquet Cook II - Summer 2022
Company: Deer Valley Resort
Posted on: May 5, 2022
DescriptionPURPOSE OF POSITION: The Cook II is responsible for
assisting the Sous Chef and the Cook III with the supervision of
Cooks in the Level 1 position, preparation and presentation of the
daily menus (especially high quality specials, soups, stew and
chilies) and assisting servers with restocking and service of
selections at stations where lines develop during peak business
hours. SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous cook experience required
- Maintain open, constructive channels of communication with
other kitchen personnel
- Demonstrate a good attitude and cooperative nature when dealing
with kitchen staff, Supervisors and above all, THE GUESTS!
- Follow directions from your Supervisor and ask questions about
aspects of assigned duties you may not understand
- When faced with stressful situations with your work, other
employees or guests, take a deep breath and retain your composure
- When complaints or problems are encountered with guests or
other employees, bring the circumstances to your Supervisor's
immediate attention for swift resolution
- Standing for long periods of time
- Lifting and carrying 25-50 poundsJOB DUTIES AND
- FOOD PREPARATION: All dishes must be lively in content and
flavor, keeping with Deer Valley's high standards. Dishes should
adhere to production standards and time constraints. Be sure
preparations are fully seasoned. Sous Chef or Executive Chef must
taste all preparations before they are panned for service.
- FOOD PRESENTATIONS: Service lines are to be kept spotless and
pans changed regularly as needed. Food selections should always be
well stocked and appropriately garnished. Make sure all
mise-en-place is in sufficient quantities for the day's counts.
Attend to details.
- GUEST SERVICE: Must be prompt, friendly and efficient. Assist
servers during busy times to speed guests through lines. Guest
should be politely greeted and asked how they may be helped. Use
suggestive selling.SAFETY, CLEANLINESS OF WORK AND SERVICE AREAS:
- Demonstrate proper operation of equipment, use of knives and
other kitchen tools. Work cooperatively with stewards and ask
politely for their assistance when needed and know them by name.
Notify Supervisor or any injury requiring medical attention. Work
safely to prevent injuries. At the close of service, lines are
quickly and thoroughly broken down and cleaned.
- Work and service areas are kept clean and uncluttered,
especially walk-in coolers. Proper storage and rotation of food is
mandatory to insure freshness and avoid waste. Left over products
must be labeled and stored in appropriate area of cooler or
kitchen. Daily inventories to be completed before the end of each
Keywords: Deer Valley Resort, Bountiful , Banquet Cook II - Summer 2022, Hospitality & Tourism , Bountiful, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!