• Take and record temperature, pulse, respiration and blood
• Ambulate residents.
• Apply proper lifting and transferring techniques.
• Provide proper positioning and use of postural supports.
• Maintain residents’ positioning, as needed.
• Weigh residents on schedule and record weights accurately.
• Provide restorative and rehabilitative nursing.
• Directly respond, within the scope of practice, to needs and
concerns of residents and family members.
• Work with the care giving team to identify and resolve
resident and family issues.
• Promptly respond to call lights and other resident needs.
• Treat residents with compassion and dignity.
• Establish effective communication/interaction
with residents and families.
• Ensure residents are given correct diet.
• Use proper feeding techniques while respecting personal
dignity and meeting the residents’ needs for socialization.
• Must have ability to read, write and follow oral and written
directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
• Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents
and families and to work cooperatively with co-workers and
• Must be willing to assist others, including co-workers.
• Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-employment
physical exam if required. This requirement also includes drug
screening, criminal background investigation and reference
• Recent clinical experience or education is preferred.