Company: WELCOME HOME ASSISTED LIVING-BOUNTIFUL
Posted on: May 31, 2021
We're looking for energetic, reliable, and caring people
to join our team at Welcome Home Assisted Living of
Shifts: 7am-3pm and/or 3pm-11pm
The Resident Assistant is responsible for providing daily care
to community residents. The Resident Assistant functions as the
primary liaison between residents and community staff. In addition
to resident care, this individual is responsible for other
clerical, environmental, and organizational tasks. This person must
convey a positive image of the community and must have a genuine
caring for, and interest in, working with elderly people. The
Resident Assistant must, within the individuals area of focus,
assure compliance with Welcome Homes quality standards as well as
State and Federal regulations. This individual must be highly
organized and possess outstanding interpersonal skills with a high
level of energy and enthusiasm. The Resident Assistant works
closely with the Community RN and Executive Director to ensure
operational performance, quality service, and competitiveness with
other area facilities. The Resident Assistant must be a firm
decision-maker, taking into consideration the impact of that
decision on the overall organization.
The Resident Assistant reports to the Community RN and Executive
Director. The Resident Assistant is responsible for carrying out
the primary duties as outlined by the Executive Director. These
essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate positive interpersonal relations in dealing with
employees, residents, residents families, visitors, and coworkers
in a professional and confidential manner.
- Initiate and participate in quality assurance and quality
improvement activities based on the four components; resident
satisfaction, employee satisfaction, process/system refinement, and
- Demonstrate the ability to embrace and project the values of
the facility: compassion, positivity, respectful communication,
responsibility, trust, community, safety, respect, teamwork,
partnership, service, integrity, efficiency and financial
- Communicate accurate and pertinent information to facilitate
effective and efficient resident care.
- Provide informative written and oral correspondence.
- Make informative, decisive decisions.
- Oversee the daily operations of resident care.
- Apply problem solving and conflict resolution skills when
- Maintain awareness of governmental, societal, legal,
environmental, and competitive factors which effect the
- Work to establish a group culture to enable Welcome Home to
function as a whole.
The Resident Assistant is expected to perform position-related
duties that include, but are not limited to:
- Assist residents with activities of daily living (ADLs) ADLs
include, but are not limited to, grooming, care and selection of
clothing, cleanliness of clothing, shaving, bathing, oral hygiene,
shampooing and curling hair, eating and sleeping, planning daily
activities, and spending quality time with individual
- Assist residents that may be incontinent of bowel and/or
bladder, including making sure residents are clean and dressed in
- Assist residents to other daily meals, activities, and in
preparing for family outings or appointments.
- Supervise residents in medication self-administration according
to the Medication policy. Coordinate with the nurse on side effects
- Assist with maintenance of residents records to include
charting medications, recording daily intake, etc.
- Record vital signs, weights and measurements, and other
information as assigned.
- Facilitate staff, resident, and family communication to resolve
conflict and create a positive home environment.
- Ambulate and transfer residents, utilizing appropriate
assistive devises and body mechanics.
- Participate in resident care planning by identifying the needs
of residents in accordance with the medical assessment, working
with other professionals as necessary.
- Observe and report immediately any unsafe or unsanitary
conditions in resident apartments.
- Assist with admissions by greeting and helping with the
orientation process to the facility.
- Do resident checks as outlined by the Administrator based on
residents individualized service plan.
- Communicate any concerns regarding resident health or behavior
to the Executive Director so that it may be considered for
documentation in the Significant Change Log.
Regulatory and Legal
- Comply with communitys policies and procedures and recommend
changes as necessary.
- Bring to the Administrations attention to any deficiencies that
- Ensure compliance to policies relating to blood-borne
pathogens, hazard communication, and infection control.
- Ensure compliance with respect to risk management; the dying
and the aging process; fire safety; disaster preparedness;
residents rights; grievance procedures; and medication
- Develop skills and education through other higher educational
and/or continuing education opportunities. Annual continuing
education requirements shall be determined by State regulations or
as required by the Executive Director.
- Complete full orientation upon hire.
- Attend staff meetings as required.
- Participate in patient care planning conferences.
- Set a good example to all employees of punctuality,
dependability, productivity, use of time (no cell phone/texting,
social media, or computer use). Display genuine resident care,
positive and happy attitude, work ethic, communication skills,
confidentiality, and trust.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A certification from a physician, nurse practitioner, or other
health care professional to verify no communicable diseases, open
skin lesions, or any other health problems that would interfere
with job performance.
- No previous felony conviction, or conviction for fraud of the
- CPR certified and first aid certification.
- Criminal background check (BCI).
- TB test.
- Food Handlers Permit.
- CNA certificate.
- 18+ years of age.
- Knowledge of the assisted living care industry.
- Decisive, well-informed, decision-maker.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral
- Capacity to work effectively with different types of
- Ability to work efficiently and professionally under pressure
with time constraints.
- Ability to calmly handle stressful situations.
- Demonstrate organizational capabilities.
This position requires the ability to manage a diverse group of
individuals. Physical demands include varied sitting, standing,
bending, reaching, lifting, and walking. Lifting, up to twenty-five
pounds on a regular basis is required. Occasional lifting and
carrying of items up to fifty pounds is also required. This
position requires a full range of body motion including manual
dexterity and hand-eye coordination, and requires hearing to normal
range and corrected vision. Occasional stress related to a
fast-paced environment and multiple responsibilities is
Shifts: 7am-3pm and/or 3pm-11pm
Keywords: WELCOME HOME ASSISTED LIVING-BOUNTIFUL, Bountiful , CNA/Caregiver Part-Time, Other , Bountiful, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!