Financial Wellness Consultant/Universal Banker - North Salt Lake Area
Company: Keybank National Association
Posted on: June 9, 2021
562 South Main - Bountiful, Utah 84010
The Financial Wellness Consultant (FWC) role (similar to a
Universal Banker) is a hybrid between a Teller and a Personal
On any given day, you will be supporting branch growth as well
executing financial wellness conversations and proactively
identifying solutions that assist our clients' Financial Wellness
goals. FWCs are greeters, financial product consultants and teller
line transactional support for our clients. You would also be
involved in bringing new business into Key. This is a multifaceted
position in a fast-paced environment. Every day is different, and
the role is best for someone who thrives on variety and
If you have a passion for financial wellness, helping others,
making a difference in your community, and being part of a team,
this role could be for you.
What You'll Get from This Opportunity:
- A competitive base salary + commission.
- Generous benefits - 401(k) matching (dollar-for-dollar up to
6%), PTO, fitness and tuition reimbursement and so much more.
- Paid job training and access to a library of on-demand
professional development and training courses.
- This can be a rewarding role. The financial advice we are
empowering you to share will impact people's lives in tangible
- An environment that sets you up for success through a
customized learning path and proprietary financial wellness
technology that does the heavy lifting in guiding clients towards
better financial decisions.
- Opportunity to participate in a formal enterprise mentoring
- Other performance-based rewards.
- Opportunity to build very broad knowledge of retail banking and
financial services products and services and to develop
relationships across business lines. Many career paths will be
available to you in this role (e.g., Financial Advisor, Branch
Manager, Mortgage Lender, etc.). We look for people who are willing
to make a commitment to the role for a couple of years and we
enable interested employees to advance their career as they learn
Essential Job Functions:
- FWCs are a client concierge - providing both transactional and
account opening services to clients.
- Consistently providing exceptional client experience by helping
to create a welcoming environment in our branches.
- Encouraging financial wellness conversations with clients (both
impromptu and through appointment setting); educating them on our
products and services and deliver challenging, yet achievable sales
- One of the most challenging parts of this role is time
management. A successful FWC needs to be a self-starter that
manages their time wisely. You will be supported but you will own
your days and will need to seek out opportunities to contribute to
branch operations while also meeting sales goals.
- To be successful in this role you'll need to pick up the phone
and get out into the field - canvassing, setting appointments,
calling on local businesses and existing book of business.
- Developing strong partnerships with colleagues across various
lines of business.
- Ensuring compliance with operational, risk and audit procedures
and policies including appropriate documentation of client
- All Branch team members are expected to act professionally at
all times, conduct business ethically, avoid conflicts of interest
and act in the best interest our clients and Key.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 year of experience in developing current and new customer
relationships and building referral sources.
- Demonstrated experience with business partner collaboration and
- Sales-oriented mindset, confident with making outbound calls,
being persuasive and overcoming objections.
- Experience in a team-based environment with proven
communication, collaboration, and customer service skills.
- Comfort with the branch operations role (e.g., audits,
balancing the vault, comfort handling large amounts of cash).
- Working knowledge of PCs (MS Windows and Office Products
including Word, Excel, etc.) and digital technology (mobile, apps,
- Ability to work branch hours, which includes Saturday
- Must have access to reliable transportation to facilitate
travel outside of the branches, including outside sales calls.
- Physical Requirements: Frequent mobility (5-8 hours) in an
office setting, ability to communicate face to face and on the
phone with clients, frequent use of hands to manipulate/grasp
objects, occasional bending and lifting from floor height, frequent
lifting of 1 - 10 lbs., occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs.
What It's Like to Work with Us:
Our branches are like families. They are typically small
tight-knit groups. KeyBank employees share a passion for helping
our communities thrive. Joining a Key branch means joining a family
with a singular goal - to help people and local businesses improve
their financial confidence. Our branch employees have many great
stories about how they have helped their colleagues and people in
their community. Come join us and do work that matters.
Key's application process for Financial Wellness Consultant
position(s) require that you complete our Skill Match Survey. The
Skill Match Survey can be taken via computer or mobile device and
will take 20-30 minutes to complete. This will help us to learn
more about you and determine if we are a good match. In addition,
following the completion of the survey, we'll provide you with
feedback on your top impact skill. After completing the
application, you will be prompted to take the Skill Match
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who
are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may
request reasonable accommodations by emailing
Keywords: Keybank National Association, Bountiful , Financial Wellness Consultant/Universal Banker - North Salt Lake Area, Other , Bountiful, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!