Operating Room Nurse
Company: Mountain West Surgery Center
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Do you have the career opportunities as an Operating Room Nurse
you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to
nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your
career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Mountain
West Surgery Center which is a part of the nation’s leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
Mountain West Surgery Center, our benefits package offers eligible
colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical,
wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
Mountain West Surgery Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Contributes to the company’s mission and vision byutilizing the
nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing
care given to the surgical patient during the intra-operative
period. Plans and delivers safe, effective nursing care until the
patient is transferred from his/her care to the recovery R.N.
Performs duties of the circulating or scrub role in caring for all
age patients. Nursing care meets the standards of the profession,
the policies and procedures of the Center and is appropriate to the
Center’s patient population to identify patient and family
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrates necessary practical, technical or specialized
knowledge and skills required for the role of the peri-operative
nurse in accordance with AORN and other regulatory standards of
- Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and has the
ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for
the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipates needs of
- Coordinates and oversees the room during a case as the
- Facilitates effective and efficient transition between surgical
- Utilizes preference cards and updates as necessary.
- Utilizes appropriate body mechanics in moving patients,
stretchers, and OR tables to prevent injury to patient and
- Demonstrates knowledge/understanding of management of patient,
including being available to anesthesia during intubation and
extubation, assisting as needed in sudden changes in patient
condition i.e. cardiopulmonary arrest, Malignant Hyperthermia,
etc., and being readily available to assist as directed.
- Performs thorough patient interview and assessment in
accordance with procedure and assures an appropriate, detailed time
out process is done according to policy.
- Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance
with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical
procedure. Assures appropriate consent, H/P, diagnostic reports,
and relevant information are on chart prior to the start of
- Ensures that H/P is a complete full examination of all body
systems and dated within 30-days prior to procedure.
- Ensures that H/P, orders for the procedure, and consent form
are consistent prior to placing in medical chart.
- Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current
practice (i.e. review physician orders, pre-op antibiotics,
preparing/labeling medications on/off field, utilizing the 7
medication rights, identifying high alert medications, conducting
independent double checks when indicated, and narcotic waste,
etc.). Assures only licensed personnel administer medications.
- Relays appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to
ensure continuity of care.
- Performs nurse circulator duties as assigned.
- Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in
the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or
prior to the induction of anesthesia.
- Takes responsibility for careful and accurate handling and/or
logging of narcotics, biohazardous materials, and surgical
- Recognizes emergency situations and responds effectively in a
calm and controlled manner.
- Assures all members of the surgical team comply with principles
of surgical hand asepsis, aseptic, and sterile technique.
- Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and
sterilization of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary
environment for the provision of patient care.
- Appropriately handles the disposal of biohazardous
- Restocks area daily, using appropriate par levels and daily
- Prepares procedure room for use the following day by bringing
in equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting
to supervisor items that are needed and not available.
- Spends appropriate time and energy on tasks and assignments
based on the policies that are supportive of the Center’s goals and
- Functions independently according to job responsibilities and
within scope of practice utilizing current standards of care.
- Takes personal initiative to maintain current RN licensure,
BCLS, ACLS/PALS (if indicated) and other professional
certifications current as defined by job role.
- Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful
- Attends all mandatory in-services, staff meetings and
participates in emergency drills.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Completes annual competency and other required education as
- Maintains confidentiality and security of records and patient
information at all times.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and
“Mission and Value Statement”.
- While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working
conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right
to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be
performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in
personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- Minimum 2 years experience in an operating room setting;
preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
Surgical Centerlocated in beautiful Bountiful, Utah.
We are a Joint Commissioned accredited center. The center performs
over 350 procedures a month. Services provided in general surgery,
ENT, gynecology, hand surgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics,
pediatric dental, plastics podiatry and urology. As a member of the
HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division, we follow our mission.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent
years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for
the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we
encourage you to apply for our Operating Room Nurse opening. We
review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by
a member of our team. We are interviewing apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Mountain West Surgery Center, Bountiful , Operating Room Nurse, Other , Bountiful, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!