Equipment Operator I
Posted on: August 1, 2022
The Opportunity: HPC Industrial Powered by Clean Harbors is
looking for a CDL Operator Vacuum Truck Driver to join their safety
conscious team! The position is responsible for the safe and proper
execution of HydroChemPSC jobs across all service lines. This
includes responsibility over proper operation of equipment, driving
operational efficiencies at the work site and ensuring accurate
documentation related to the job is completed in a timely fashion.
ASK ABOUT THE $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS About HydroChemPSC HydroChemPSC,
a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and
environmental services company in North America supporting the
upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an
exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career
development platform, committed customer service, deep industry
expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed
to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the
safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and
the most comprehensive training and career development for our
employees. Ask about our $3,000 CDL Driver Sign On Bonus Essential
- Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair
status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain,
binders, or covers.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following
signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading
equipment are properly positioned.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or
damage to the vehicles immediately.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and services
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including
tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products and
- Check all load-related documentation for completeness and
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources,
verifying instructions and routes.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and
along routes in compliance with state regulations.
- Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions,
connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or
manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded
to ensure that there has been no damage.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil,
fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs.
- Read and interpret maps to determine vehicle routes.
- Operate equipment, such as truck cab computers, phones, or
global positioning systems (GPS) equipment to exchange necessary
information with bases, supervisors, or other drivers.
- Load or unload hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials from
trucks or help others with loading or unloading, using special
loading-related equipment or other equipment as necessary.
- Labels, marks and manifests shipments in accordance with
applicable regulations and company policies, practices and
- Remove debris from loaded trailers.
- Follow special cargo-related procedures, such as checking
straps and come-a-longs
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities
- Install or remove special equipment, such as tire chains.
- Operate idle reduction systems or auxiliary power systems to
generate power from alternative sources, such as fuel cells, to
reduce idling time, to heat or cool truck cabins, or to provide
power for other equipment.
- Drive electric or hybrid-electric powered trucks or alternative
fuel-powered trucks to transport and deliver products or other
materials. Working Environment:
- Industrial setting - Refinery, Petro-Chemical, Utilities, Pulp
and Paper Mills, etc. Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of two years, verifiable service within the commercial
- Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods
by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses,
repair, and maintenance.
- Strong knowledge in the operation of equipment used in
- CDL Class A with X endorsement and an acceptable driving
- Smartphone required for Electronic Logging Device.
- Complete understanding of DOT's safety program &
- Possess excellent communications and human relations
- Mechanical aptitude and experience troubleshooting
transportation equipment is preferred Educational Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent experience. HydroChemPSC
and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all
individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national
origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran
status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other
characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law.
HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. HPC
Keywords: HydroChemPSC, Bountiful , Equipment Operator I, Other , Bountiful, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!