DMS Logistics, Systems Engineer (HYBRID)
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description: Job Title: Specialist, Systems Engineer
Job Location: Salt Lake City - UT
Job ID: CS20232808-105297
L3Harris' Communication Systems segment is currently seeking a
Specialist, Systems Engineer. This position will be based at our
Salt Lake City-UT facility.
Overview of Position:
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated DMSMS ((Diminishing
Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages) Systems Engineer to
join our L3Harris DMSMS team. As a DMSMS Systems Engineer, you will
be responsible for analyzing, managing, and mitigating the impact
of obsolete and diminishing components on our systems and products
at a customer reporting level. Your expertise in identifying
alternative solutions, coordinating with suppliers, and ensuring
continuity of supply will be crucial to maintaining the
performance, reliability, and availability of our systems. This
role requires a strong technical background, analytical thinking,
and exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Provide DMSMS customer support and participate in program
management reviews and other customer related meetings.
- Conduct thorough analysis of system components and identify
potential DMSMS issues, including obsolete or limited-life
components, supply chain risks, and material shortages.
- Develop and implement comprehensive DMSMS management plans,
considering system lifecycle, product requirements, and customer
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering,
program management, procurement, configuration management to
evaluate and select alternative components or suppliers to mitigate
- Conduct evaluations of potential replacement and components and
assess their impact on systems performance, reliability, and
- Maintain a database of DMSMS information
- Collaborate with design and development teams incorporate DMSMS
considerations into new product designs, including designing for
obsolescence mitigation and implementing alternative sourcing
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant
experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior
related experience. In lieu of a degree, minimum of 8 years of
prior related experience.
- Proven experience in DMSMS management, obsolescence
mitigation/systems engineering/project management
- In-depth knowledge of DMSMS principles, industry standards
(e.g., SAE-ARP-6272), government standards (SD-22) and best
practices for mitigating obsolescence risks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability
to evaluate complex technical information and make informed
- Experience with component selection, qualification, and
- Proficiency in using DMSMS management tools, databases, and
software applications (e.g., I.H.S., Silicon Expert)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with
the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams
and communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the
ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects
simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Proactive mindset, with the ability to anticipate potential
DMSMS challenges and develop effective mitigation strategies.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Bountiful , DMS Logistics, Systems Engineer (HYBRID), Other , Bountiful, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!