Driver/ Material Handler
Company: Univar Solutions
Posted on: May 13, 2020
This position is for local residents only.
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join
Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and
ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our
customers teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business
At Univar Solutions, we re building on our more than 90 years of
experience and drawing on deep resources inventory and logistics
experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and
marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched
portfolio to solve customers formulation and operational
challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you ll play an
important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and
Operates company owned or leased bulk or packaged trucks over 20
tons to facilitate shipping and receiving operations. Perform tasks
safely and in a manner consistent with Univar Solutions procedures.
Communicates information effectively to internal Univar Solutions
and team members and external customers in a professional manner
which contributes to servicing the customer and collaboration. Must
be medically certified to operate a commercial motor vehicle per 49
CFR 390.5, except as provided in 391.67. Must be able to safely
work with load securing devices.
- Operate company owned and leased trucks over 20 tons to
facilitate shipping and receiving operations of bulk or packaged
- Perform required pre-trip, during and post-trip vehicle
inspections and provide required reports. Monitor hours of service
- Provide outstanding customer service during the delivery and
pick up operations. Assist customers with questions or problems
attend to customer needs. Ensure delivered goods correspond to
products identified on the bill of lading.
- Maintain all required certifications required by the D.O.T,
OSHA and company safety programs. Maintain eligibility to hold
hazardous materials endorsements (no disqualifying offenses per the
TSA). Maintain a valid commercial driver s license (Class A) with
Hazardous Material Endorsement.
- Maintain and protect all company property entrusted to you in
- During loading and unloading process check weights of shipment
and monitor distribution weight to legal road limits. Ensures
material is properly and safely loaded and unloaded from vehicle
for either bulk or packaged delivery. Check material for damage and
quantity discrepancies. Engage appropriate Univar Solutions team
member if any discrepancies exist.
- Pick up empty or partially empty drums, totes. Review paperwork
to ensure transport of material is authorized and in
- May perform quality control functions (lab testing) as
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the
overall team operations. (E.g. warehouse clean up).
- Attend and participate in training meetings.
- Perform duties and tasks in a manner consistent with the
Business Responsibilities of a Univar Solutions employee.
- Operate fork lift to pick material, store and stage material as
- Bulk off load material from either bulk tank trucks or rail
cars using a fork lift or a pallet jack or by moving and connecting
50 lb. hoses between the storage vehicle and piping system in load
rack as needed.
- Filling drums or totes on a roller line to meet Univar
Solutions and customer specifications as needed. Ensure proper
labeling of material as needed.
Customary Physical Demands / Effort:
- Must be able to lift, pull or push 50 lbs. Must be able to sit
and operate a motor vehicle for prolonged periods of time. (e.g.
bagged material, drummed material on pallet jack).
- Must frequently be able to ascend and descend ladder to vent
bulk tanks, or access bulk loading area.
- Must frequently be able to kneel or crouch to inspect
- Frequently must be able to position and connect hoses and
detect secure and proper fittings for bulk loading and unloading.
Must be able to input information into various machines following
prescribed standards (e.g. blend formula, inventory tracking
handheld device or personal computer).
- Communicate information essential to accurate receipt and
shipment of material to customers. Expresses ideas clearly and in a
professional manner. Hear warning facility or warning signals to
maintain safe clearing from moving vehicles (e.g.
- Identify road signage and assess road conditions and discern
implication for safe operation of vehicle. See and read documents
and interpret instructions. Ability to see warning
- Must be able to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle as
defined by 49 CFR 391.41
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand and apply
instructions in the English language.
- Must be able to understand and fully comply with all laws
governing the trucking and warehousing industry.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations related
to container quantities, blending, etc.)
- Information System: At Roads; People Net, Vehicle Types:
Tractor trailer, tanker, straight truck, hybrid ; Hoses: 2-inch and
3-inch chemical galvanized caged hoses with carbon steel
- Hoses weigh approximately seven pounds per foot and vary from
five to twenty foot lengths. Hoses used daily at an average of two
hours per day. Pumps: Blackmer 3 -inch used an average of two hours
- Must possess a valid CLASS A CDL with HAZMAT and TANKER
endorsements A minimum of 2 year driving experience in the last 3
- Experience loading and unloading shipments for delivery Strong
oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with
clients in a professional manner Forklift experience
- Ability to read and write in English
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical,
dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much
Qualified Candidates Apply Below or Call Daniel @ (844)
Keywords: Univar Solutions, Bountiful , Driver/ Material Handler, Professions , Bountiful, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!