Posted on: September 21, 2022
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours
volunteering in our communities. As a Surgical Technician with
Mountain West Surgery Center you can be a part of an organization
that is devoted to giving back!
Mountain West Surgery Center, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
* Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
* Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
* Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
* Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
* Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
* 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking
* Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
* Colleague recognition program
* Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Mountain West Surgery Center family! We will give you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Surgical Technician to help us reach
our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Surgical Tech
contributes to the company's mission and vision by assisting with
the provision of safe and effective nursing care in accordance with
a defined scope of practice within the operating room. This may
include: direct patient care and observation, scrubbing and
assisting the surgeon at the operative field, surgical room
turnover between cases, collection and recording of pertinent
clinical data in the medical record and consistent collaboration
with the Registered Nurse in clinical decision making.
What you will do in this role:
* Demonstrate necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills
required for the role of the surgical technician in accordance with
Association of Surgical Technologists
* Assist in preparing the operative suite for surgery by checking
and gathering supplies, equipment, and instruments
* Ensure that surgical asepsis is maintained in the handling of
instruments, sponges, sutures, drains, needles, and dressings
* Assist in the turnover of the O.R. suites between cases,
disposing of trash and linens, and cleaning of equipment and
* Prepare procedure room for use the following day by bringing in
equipment, setting up, "pulling cases" accurately, and reporting to
supervisor items that are needed and not available
Qualifications you will need:
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program
* One year experience in an operating room setting (preferably in
an ambulatory surgery center)
* Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technology program as required
per facility practice and state regulatory requirement; otherwise
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment *Online certification
Mountain West Surgical Center located in beautiful Bountiful, Utah.
We are a Joint Commissioned accredited center. The center performs
over 350 procedures a month. Services provided in general surgery,
ENT, gynecology, hand surgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics,
pediatric dental, plastics podiatry and urology. As a member of the
HCA Healthcare Ambulatory Surgery Division, we follow our mission.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing
applications for our Surgical Technician opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your
application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA, Bountiful , Surgical Technician, Professions , Bountiful, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!